Restocking the test kit

Jul 16, 2010
Newark, DE
As the end of the season approaches for some of us, we will start running low on reagents in our water test kits. That just happened to me with the TAYLOR K-2006 (FAS-DPD) kit I purchased on line from the Leslie's website earlier this year. I made a list of all the items I needed to restock my kit and decided to run over to my local Leslie's pool store.

When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly employee and he asked if I need any help. I explained to him that I needed to restock my water test kit and he said "We have everything you need" as we walked over the the reagent display rack. The first item I asked for was the "DPD POWDER" that I noticed was not available. The employee replyed, "We don't carry powders, and I've never heard of DVD" I said, that's funny because your company sells the DPD powder on their website. This guy was clueless!!!
:hammer:
Pool toys and parts will be the "Only" reason I step foot back into any pool store from now on. It's pretty bad when a company has a water test kit made for their company and the employees have no idea what's in it. Dang!!!

Take Care ...

I will tell you something else about Dave and his Tftesing outfit. I ordered some replaements last Friday, easy peezy, no problems. I get a voice mail from Dave on Saturday evening with him making me aware there was a glitch from Paypal overcharging me a little on shipping. I thought I just didnt notice the right amount at ordering, and thought no more of it. Because he was concerned, he followed up with me after hours, on the weekend... just to assure me I would be taken care of and by the way, that my order had shipped Friday. You just don't get that level of service anymore but you will with them. I dont have a dog in the fight, but I believe in word of mouth and giving credit where it's due. I will be getting all my reagents at TFtestkits as long as they sell em and I need em.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.