Evaporation

It can really vary so it is hard to say. I would say a normal per day is .5 inches, maybe 1 pending how hot and humid we are talking about. That is what I lose per day and nothing over night. It has been 100+ temps here in Houston area and feels like around 110-115.

It is so hot here I have a koi pond that gets no light at all and loses water at a very slow pace.

Due to a total lack of rain and EXTREME temps in Texas..........the ground itself is so hot that I think my pool is evaporating from the bottom into the ground as well as from the top into the air.

duraleigh said:
mynewpool,

If you are losing .5 - 1" daily, I would suspect a leak regardless of heat/humidity.

Maybe not that much as I dont get out and actually measure it. I would say maybe 1 inch every 4-5 days or so.

Edit: It is also hard for me to tell as my dog when she is outside she loves to takes dips all the time. So splash out proably has something to do with it and her getting in and out a lot. I have done the overnight and lose nothing.

I also have a koi pond that is losing water as well and it is not exposed to sun at all, in complete shade and loses water.

mynewpool said:
duraleigh said:
mynewpool,

If you are losing .5 - 1" daily, I would suspect a leak regardless of heat/humidity.

Maybe not that much as I dont get out and actually measure it. I would say maybe 1 inch every 4-5 days or so.

Edit: It is also hard for me to tell as my dog when she is outside she loves to takes dips all the time. So splash out proably has something to do with it and her getting in and out a lot. I have done the overnight and lose nothing.

I also have a koi pond that is losing water as well and it is not exposed to sun at all, in complete shade and loses water.

I was losing about 1.5 inches a day due to a backwash line leaking. This past week temps hit 100 and I lost about 1" in 3 days. I live in Northern Alabama. About 3 hrs from Atlanta so I imagine our climate should be the same. I believe I might have another leak though somewhere. I'm going to do a bucket test.....again. Supposed to rain though the next few days.

Temps the last three days were 96 (Thur), 97 (Fri), 98 (Sat).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.