Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sparkle quartz

1. Back To Top    #1

Sparkle quartz

I got a quote yesterday to replaster my pool with a finish called sparkle quartz. It's made by finest finish. My pool is 3 years old and I hate the white plaster. The quote was for $3500 for a 13k gallon pool and attached spa. Anyone have any experience with this product? I also got a quote for pebble sheen but is was $5300 and a little more than I want to spend.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sparkle quartz

I only know from what I've read on here, and based on that it sounds pretty cheap. Some I've read were a whole lot higher. I would get a few quotes I think. Just curious, why do you hate the white so much?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I just don't like the color of it. I would like it to be bluer. Also every speck of dirt shows up and it stains easily.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tone100
    I just don't like the color of it. I would like it to be bluer. Also every speck of dirt shows up and it stains easily.
    I hear ya...I think I would like just a little bluer too. Not too dark...just a little.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

I never heard of Finest Finish. How long is the warranty for? Pebble Sheen lasts, like, forever.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

6. Back To Top    #6

I believe the warranty is 7 years. I'm not willing to pay the premium for pebble and honestly I'm not sure I like the look of it still. If I can do something for 3500 might otherwise I'll just live with it until I sell my house in 3 years.

7. Back To Top    #7

Pebble isn't the only game in town. There are other finish manufacturers with other colors. Wet Edge's Pearl matric is comparable and has other colors. Similarly priced though. If you're moving in 3 years though,...

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I want to avoid the pebble all together. I like the quartz but just want to make sure that this brand is ok. My plaster is also pitted and I keep finding white dust in my cleaner bag. My chemicals are right on per the pool school.

9. Back To Top    #9

Plaster is priced based on outside linear feet only, so priced based on gallons of pool size is not accurate. Mine was 95 linear feet (25k gallons) and was $4k for plaster and $1500 more for quartz. Love the color way more than white plaster, well worth it. A spa jumps the price up, as the place that did mine charges a min of $1000 additional for a spa. I didn't have to worry about that since I tore my spa wall down, as it was too small for me to even keep it.
    32' x 15', 25k gallon gunite IG pool, California Quartz plaster in Tahoe color
    Pentair equip (Intelliflow VS+AU pump, DE filter, IC40 SWG)
    Spa wall removed to make "seating" area