Handrail pipe stubs

Aug 20, 2011
I recently had my concrete deck pour completed. The bronze handrail fittings were placed pre-pour, and PVC pipe was inserted into these 2 connectors. The problem I am having involves trying to remove the pipe from the bronze connectors. Is there any magic trick to getting the pipe out of the bronze connectors so I can install my handrail? Thanks.

Normally you do not have to remove the bolts completely, just loosen them so the wedges slip down. You might want to try rethreading the bolts back into the wedges a bit and then tap them with a hammer. Not too hard though...you just want to get thewdeges to slide down. Also recognize these suggestions are coming from a novice pool owner. You might want to wait for one of the pros to read your post and offer some professional opinion.

Welcome to TFP!!

How recently was the deck poured? You shouldn't install the handrail until the deck has fully cured (~28 days) you don't want to stress the new crete by having someone apply force to the rail before then - though this is a bigger problem with ladders.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.