Finally tracked muriatic acid down at Lowes as Home Depot doesn't carry the regular stuff anymore. Looks like it costs about half what an equivalent dose of Low n Slo costs at the pool store.
And having added some, man is that stuff nasty. Surprised the fumes didn't kill me right there. So what are the proper precautions for handling it safely? Gloves, goggles, and do I need a respirator?
Is it best to slowly pour it in over a return, or broadcast it about the perimeter of the pool?
Honestly, it feels like Lo n Slo is a lot safer to handle, and worth the price premium.