How to dispose of Muriatic Acid after soak?

Well we were planning to submerge it in acid so depending on the size of the container we find to soak the cell in, it would probably be more than we usually put in to lower the pH and if it's cleaning stuff off of the cell, not sure I want dirty acid poured in my pool, do I?

Baking soda is the best approach: add baking soda fairly slowly until it stops foaming up, then pour down the drain with the water running.

Pouring it back into the pool adds calcium back to the pool, which could be a annoying in some situations.

We're first year pool owners so we are not as experienced as many out there on TFP. The local pool store where we buy our acid instructed us to mix it 1 part acid to 4 parts water, then stuff a tennis ball into one end of the cell to seal that end, (or buy some special cleaning kit that caps it off) and let the solutin soak inside of the cell until the bubbles stop but not longer than 15 min. We set the whole thing in a bucket while doing this to prevent acid leaking out into the lawn.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.