Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: FC

1. Back To Top    #1

FC

after shocking was complete a couple of weeks ago the fc would fall from 7 to 4.5-4.0 during the day last couple of days its dropped to 3 and the cc is up to .5 its usally been 0 any thing to be concerned about. try to test about the same time every evening
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FC

Kinda sounds like maybe shocking isn't really complete. What's your overnight loss? In fact, what are all of your test numbers?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Has it been a little hotter lately? A few more swimmers? Either of those could account for the increase.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Dogs in the pool? Leaves blown in? CYA too low?

The way to know if shocking is needed is to do OCLT. If you lose chlorine in the dark with no one in the pool and skimmers, etc, clear of leaves, then you have organics in the pool.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll just echo what duraleigh said. One really sweaty body can use up a lot of FC.

My CC goes up and down for no reason. Sometimes I'll get .5 for days on end, and then it will read nothing for a few days. Yesterday I had none. No one used the pool. This morning I had .5. If you're worried, use a heavy hand on the bleach dosage. And check the skimmer. Even if they're not in the pool, leaves and pollen are still in the system.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks all, has gotten hot again the last few days i'll keep a checking
    19500 gal, IG, haywood s-200 sand filter & pump, 3/4 horse single speed motor, vinyl liner, tf 100 test kit, installed early 80's, Terre haute,In

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I'll just echo what duraleigh said. One really sweaty body can use up a lot of FC.

My CC goes up and down for no reason. Sometimes I'll get .5 for days on end, and then it will read nothing for a few days. Yesterday I had none. No one used the pool. This morning I had .5. If you're worried, use a heavy hand on the bleach dosage. And check the skimmer. Even if they're not in the pool, leaves and pollen are still in the system.

A 0 to .5 of up and down is very normal, mine acts just like Richard's.
    I did get up to 1. CC after a heavy late nite swim (or should I say a big, pass the bottle !) with lots of the extended family. (I also heard the dog was in the pool too!)
    I just went up to about 9 ppm FC in the morning after seeing the 3.5 FC & 1 CC and by the evening was 6 PPM FC and 0 CC
    My CYA is 40.

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.