When to Build

msujohn

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2011
Frisco, Texas
Just wondering if there are any financial benefits to building a pool in the late fall or winter (I live in the Dallas area)? Will the builders provide deeper discounts compared to building now? Any issues with building during fall or winter I need to be aware of?

In the 'less temperate' climes, there is often a discount for having the pool installed in the fall. They do this to keep their building season longer.

The problem is that the new pool owner gets the pool installed and then immediately covered and can't see any issues until the next spring. There is also the 'issue' of having a winter on your new pool before you ever get to enjoy it (though a properly winterized pool doesn't suffer too much, and you saved a bunch $$ to get it done in the fall)

In short, I'd say "Go for it!", but make sure that your contract says that they will fix anything you find wrong after a month+ of using it1

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.