Checking In With Results

Undrwtr1

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2011
Back in May, I was having a lot of problems keeping chlorine in the pool and began searching the web for a solution because I realized the pool store guys were clueless. Found out lots of information, but most important, I found this site. Having owned the pool for 12 years, without any problems, I was stumped.

All the help I received here helped me solve the problem in short order and the season has been outstanding. I now test most every day, record my resuts in the log provided by flotsam at post253431.html#p253431 and have been at or near perfect levels without much fuss ever since. I have read all the articles in pool school and have formatted and printed them in a binder I keep with my test results (yes, VERY anal).

I have to admit I was very hesitant to get into BBB, but it could not have been easier and the cost savings have been great. The downside, as many have mentioned, is that I now see every little grain of sand, or leaf or speck of dirt - which does cause me to become a little obsessive.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for their contributions and assistance - I am a believer. Amen Brother!!!

Gerry

Just had a party this weekend with a few friends who had previously rolled their eyes when I said I was using BBB. They all could not believe how the pool looked and how the water felt, especially when I told them how little effort was involved and how little money. I think we may have more converts because 2 of them asked where I learned the specifics of BBB and I told them about this site.

Thanks again!!

Gerry

Hey welcome Gerry! Glad you are here, and it sounds like you got it down. :goodjob:

Hope you hooked in a couple of folks and it never ceases to amaze me how people roll their eyes at BBB.
I just dont understand the aversion when they are looking right at a crystal clear, beautiful pool.

Their loss I suppose....

Brushpup said:
Hey welcome Gerry! Glad you are here, and it sounds like you got it down. :goodjob:

Hope you hooked in a couple of folks and it never ceases to amaze me how people roll their eyes at BBB.
I just dont understand the aversion when they are looking right at a crystal clear, beautiful pool.

Their loss I suppose....

I always say ... let's keep the secret to ourselves ... that way the "ingredients" stay cheaper. :goodjob: They'll always go up with inflation, but demand will make them soar!! LOL!!!

My wife had her book club at our house last night and so, after dark, she turned on the pool lights for a nice effect. Two of the ladies went down to the pool and almost touched it to prove to the others there was really water in it.

They finally updated our Google Maps Satellite view, last one was taken around 2000. Sadly, my pool was covered with my silver solar cover so all it looked like was a flash. I did notice someone in the neighborhood had an in-ground where I could clearly see the main drain at the deep end. For the time of year the pic was taken (7/21/2011 during an extreme heat wave here in the NE), I suspect another BBB follower, kudos to him. :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.