And so it begins - End so it ends (first stage)

Jul 11, 2011
West Monroe, La
Finally had electric done - ground work started yesterday, hopefully it will be done and filled by Saturday.

Stumps out:
IMAG0139.jpg

Starting the hole:
IMAG0140.jpg

Hopefully deck will start next week.

Re: And so it begins

Great progress over the weekend:

Up go the walls:
IMAG0144.jpg

In goes the liner:
IMAG0145.jpg

Starting the deck:
IMAG0149.jpg

Today the hard piping should be complete so we can finish filling the pool and get the pump and filter started, as well as add the salt. Hopefully deck will be done by Wed.

Managed to hard pipe pump to filter (didn't have time to do the rest, had to get the pump going). Cranked the pump for the first time this morning - salt and start up chemicals being added today by local pool company.
IMAG0150.jpg

Deck getting there - still need to install about 10 more 4x4's (figured it would be easier to place once the bracing was up, we will see), deck boards should go up later today.
IMAG0151.jpg

All that should be left is to finish off the deck - run permanent power to SWG controller and pump, and add a couple of convenience outlets to the deck in opposite corners.

That's a really nice pool project you have going! :goodjob:
Very nice job your doing on the deck too!
Don't forget to order your TF-100 test kit. :wink:

PS: Make sure you put me on the list for the pool party invitations! :party:

Chuck

I'm hoping to go up to 18X33 next year! :idea:

Deck almost complete - I have a carpenter there this morning to finish up the step platform, picture frame the front edge of the pool deck (I am doing this so I can remove a few boards if and when the liner has to be changed), put up the gate, and install the pool stairs (needed a raised platform to mount to). What's left, well a mound of dirt behind the pool which will hopefully be gone this week, and than of course all the landscaping around the deck and pool, but that can wait for some cooler weather.

IMAG0160.jpg

Anxious to get in:
IMAG0159.jpg

Lastly I will take a water sample to the local pool place tomorrow and see where my chemistry is, I will also see if they have a TF-100 test kit - according to my SWG my ppm level this am was 2900, but I have not done any other testing. According the SWG manual the normal operating range for the system I have is 2700-3400ppm, here are the other spec's it lists, free chlorine 1-3ppm, cyanuric acid 60-80ppm, total alkalinity 80-120ppm, hardness 200-400ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.