Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: And so it begins - End so it ends (first stage)

1. Back To Top    #1

And so it begins - End so it ends (first stage)

Finally had electric done - ground work started yesterday, hopefully it will be done and filled by Saturday.

Stumps out:

Starting the hole:

Hopefully deck will start next week.
    27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: And so it begins

Sweet! Keep the pictures coming.
    Intex 15x48, Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Intex 14" Sand Filter, TF-100 unicorn eating spaghetti while riding a unicycle on a high wire during a storm edition test kit,

http://tftestkits.net

3. Back To Top    #3

4. Back To Top    #4

In the second pic, it looks like someone already had water in the hole.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

5. Back To Top    #5

Great progress over the weekend:

Up go the walls:

In goes the liner:

Starting the deck:

Today the hard piping should be complete so we can finish filling the pool and get the pump and filter started, as well as add the salt. Hopefully deck will be done by Wed.
    27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the same model pool, it's great.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

7. Back To Top    #7

You work quick!

And you can still enjoy the pool for a good couple of months before the weather cools.

8. Back To Top    #8

Managed to hard pipe pump to filter (didn't have time to do the rest, had to get the pump going). Cranked the pump for the first time this morning - salt and start up chemicals being added today by local pool company.

Deck getting there - still need to install about 10 more 4x4's (figured it would be easier to place once the bracing was up, we will see), deck boards should go up later today.

All that should be left is to finish off the deck - run permanent power to SWG controller and pump, and add a couple of convenience outlets to the deck in opposite corners.

9. Back To Top    #9

That's a really nice pool project you have going!
    Very nice job your doing on the deck too!
    Don't forget to order your TF-100 test kit.

PS: Make sure you put me on the list for the pool party invitations!

Chuck

I'm hoping to go up to 18X33 next year!
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

10. Back To Top    #10

Re: And so it begins - End so it ends (first stage)

Deck almost complete - I have a carpenter there this morning to finish up the step platform, picture frame the front edge of the pool deck (I am doing this so I can remove a few boards if and when the liner has to be changed), put up the gate, and install the pool stairs (needed a raised platform to mount to). What's left, well a mound of dirt behind the pool which will hopefully be gone this week, and than of course all the landscaping around the deck and pool, but that can wait for some cooler weather.

Anxious to get in:

Lastly I will take a water sample to the local pool place tomorrow and see where my chemistry is, I will also see if they have a TF-100 test kit - according to my SWG my ppm level this am was 2900, but I have not done any other testing. According the SWG manual the normal operating range for the system I have is 2700-3400ppm, here are the other spec's it lists, free chlorine 1-3ppm, cyanuric acid 60-80ppm, total alkalinity 80-120ppm, hardness 200-400ppm.