I live in Maine, and have an inground 20x40 lazy L..... I have no idea the galons but it is a typical 3ftish at the shalow end and 8ft ish at the deap end traditional hopper style. I am going to be putting in a new liner in the next few weeks and hope to then get the pool up and running. right now the pool/pool room has its own oil fired furnace for the pool water heat exchanger and the radiant floor heat.
1. I have to keep the room at atleast above freezing all year every year(well insulated but is a 45x70 room)
2. I would like to use the pool normaly april-November
3. This year as it is the first year i would like to use it through new years
4. I do have a seperate 8-10 person older electric hot tub.
5. Natural gas is not available in my area but i do get a good deal (i think) on propane ($2.05 for 2011-2012 season)
Month Temperature °F
max min max min
January 32.9 13.5 59 -20
February 35.2 15.1 57 -18
March 43.3 24.1 86 -5.8
April 54.9 33.6 84 14.9
May 66 44.1 93.9 28
June 75.9 54.1 98.6 33.8
July 80.8 59.5 97 46
August 79.9 59 95 39.2
September71.6 51.3 93 28.4
October 60.3 39.7 79 19
November48.9 31.1 73.9 1
December38.3 19.9 66.9 -15.2
I have inquired on some sites about heat pumps and the dealer claims some work (with a defroster) to well below 40degrees(and shows pics of it working at 30-32).
1. Is it worth if for a heat pump?
2. Will i need 2 sources?
3. Shold i convert the oil furnace to propane, or scrap it all together and do something else?
4. Should i believe a dealer that their product can do what they say or are they just selling?
5. Is there ANY chance in heck I will be able to aford ANY type of heat for this room/ pool this winter?
6. There is a product simiar to a heat pump that they say to put in your attic where it is normaly hot(new house so i dont know about the winter but in the summer its atleast 20degrees hotter)
7. Is there any chance solar heat or the $200 panels would do anything for me or be atleast a part of my solution?
8. I have a humidy controled exhaust fan for the room.... isnt that just going to suck all my heat out/ and be a huge heat loss even when it is not on?
Thanks for any help you all can offer... got a great deal on a forclosure... now i got to figure out how to afford to live there!