Blowing Filter hoses?

May 15, 2009
In the last two days I have had two hoses blow. #1 was from the filter to the SWG and the second was between the SWG and return jet. Both blew off at the connection and they have been fine all summer until now. I did notice that the hoses were "jumping around" while the filter pump was running so I am suspecting some sort of blockage that is restricting flow back to the return jet. Backwash was normal and clear so I don't think it is the filter. Might be a good time to convert to hard plumbed lines for next year. Any ideas?

I found out what was causing the blockage. A lot of scale came loose from the SWG and had everything "hosed" up. Cleaned the hoses and the SWG with the acid/water mixture (1 part acid to 4 parts water). refilling the pool now. I have pictures but don't know how to add them to the post. Can someone help with the easiest way to get the pictures up here? Thanks.

Might have this figured out.
IMG_2477.jpg

Scale from the SWG

IMG_2478.jpg

Cleaning the SWG with the acid/water mixture

IMG_2479.jpg

Refilling the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.