Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blowing Filter hoses?

1. Back To Top    #1

Blowing Filter hoses?

In the last two days I have had two hoses blow. #1 was from the filter to the SWG and the second was between the SWG and return jet. Both blew off at the connection and they have been fine all summer until now. I did notice that the hoses were "jumping around" while the filter pump was running so I am suspecting some sort of blockage that is restricting flow back to the return jet. Backwash was normal and clear so I don't think it is the filter. Might be a good time to convert to hard plumbed lines for next year. Any ideas?
    Trenton, IL (St. Louis Area)
    TF-100 test kit, 18,000 gallon, 18x33 oval Johnny Weismuller, AG, Jacuzzi Lazer sand filter, AquaTrol SWG, 1.5 HP Pentair pump that runs constantly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blowing Filter hoses?

What kind of pressure are you reading on your gauge?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I found out what was causing the blockage. A lot of scale came loose from the SWG and had everything "hosed" up. Cleaned the hoses and the SWG with the acid/water mixture (1 part acid to 4 parts water). refilling the pool now. I have pictures but don't know how to add them to the post. Can someone help with the easiest way to get the pictures up here? Thanks.
    TF-100 test kit, 18,000 gallon, 18x33 oval Johnny Weismuller, AG, Jacuzzi Lazer sand filter, AquaTrol SWG, 1.5 HP Pentair pump that runs constantly.

4. Back To Top    #4

Might have this figured out.

Scale from the SWG

Cleaning the SWG with the acid/water mixture

Refilling the pool.

5. Back To Top    #5

Running about 29 PSI on the gauge.