Solar cover and reel

Aug 18, 2011
First post... :lol: Nice to meet you all!

I just had my 27 ft round above ground pool installed last friday and we finally got done with the heater install and all that yesterday. Anyways we got a solar cover and a reel. The reel has an aluminum pole made up of about 6 sections that get screwed together, that spans the width of the pool. From what the directions say it looks like I actually have to poke holes through the cover to attach it to the pole for reeling. The pole actually dips a lot, almost touching the water, probably has the very center about 3 inches lower then the part that mounts to the brackets on the pools rails; will this be a problem? I didn't mount the cover to the pole yet, as we just put the cover on by hand.

It has two different sized ends on each section, but the ends that attach to the end brackets are 1.7". So we have to fold the cover half and make holes through both halves and then put the mounting clips through both halves and then attach the clips to the straps(attaching to the tube). When you unroll your cover, how does it unroll? Does the cover unroll on one side but doubled up and then you have to pull the upper half to the other side of the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.