Pump Motor Noise When Shutting Off

AGT

Jun 29, 2011
So I will give you the symptoms. The pressure in the filter gauge when down 5-7psi and then I noticed when the pump was shut off I heard the winding down noise. Not like marbles or anything...like non lubricated parts...what do you think?

There is a line near the suction of the impeller cover and it looks like a crack. I have not seen it leak...at first I thought it might just be a form line from when it was made but I am almost sure its a crack. We have had rain for a while so when its running its damp there but not dripping

Like if it was leak in the seal and then the shaft right....thats would suck. Not that I saw... I will check when i get back. If that happens I might replace being that its an older single speed.

It could be air in the system due to an air leak. Compressed air in the filter can cause the impeller to run backwards when the pump is turned off and cause a sound similar to what you are describing.

Otherwise, it could be the bearing going bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.