Summer Escapes Pump issue

Jul 19, 2011
Winnipeg, Canada
Hey all. So I have a summer escapes pool w/ side skimmer/filter, the pump hangs from the bottom of this. Anyhow the pump died a few days ago which I see is not uncommon. No biggy there as I was planning on getting a new and bigger pump for it the next year. But being the cheap person I am I called for a new pump on warrenty and they replaced it with no questions asked. Pump arrived last night (2 days shipping wow) and I find that it leaks where it connects to the skimmer set up. Today after work I will try and take the O-ring off the old pump and put it on the new one and see if that does the trick. If not would using plumbers tape work? Any thoughts on this or anyone else with this problem?

I also took the old pump apart as i wanted to see if I could salvage it. To me it looks like the ceramic shaft for the impeller is fine and the impeller turns when plugged in with the top cover off. When I put the cover back on the impeller will not turn. Any ideas as to why and or what I could try to get it turning again?

Any or all input is appreciated. Thanks all, this site rocks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.