Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fire Pit Information

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

Fire Pit Information

Someone asked a couple questions about my fire pit. I did a bunch of research on the Internet when I started the project. For some reason I had a lot of trouble finding information on fire pits online. I still don't have the gas and wood thing figured out.

Think about where you want the shut-off valve. My valve is in the wall of the fire pit. It is a key valve just like an indoor fireplace (that way the kid/kids can't turn it on by mistake). My guys brought the gas line up inside the block wall around the fire pit, then ran a hard line to the middle of the pit for the burner. I don't know if a line coming up in the middle of the pit is better or not.

Here are some of the videos and links I found useful. Feel free to add some of your own.

Check out this Product Brochure: The black/white diagram at the top helped me plan a little. ... Hearth.pdf

This video shows the York AB blocks we used for my pit:

This is a cool idea too:

This isn't a built-in pit, but it's cool:

And for all you military buffs (and people with lots of cash to blow), here is a pit made out of actual TANK parts:
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Oceanside, CA

Re: Fire Pit Information

The most informative site that I've found for fire pits is
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build