Nemato Balancing Tank in Okinawa Japan

Aug 17, 2011
Topics merged. Double posting not allowed. Bama

I have asked Nemato for an instruction manual for their horizontal tank and have gotten no reply. I am stuck here in Okinawa, Japan and need to submit all the installation/instruction manuals to the Army.

Does anyone have access to one? Also the tank is installed 8 feet below the water line in a mechanical room. I have restricted the flow from the main drain to get proper flow and it seems to work, however I know this is not correct practices for this unit.

Some good advice here would help.

I have asked Nemato for an instruction manual for their horizontal tank and have gotten no reply. I am stuck here in Okinawa, Japan and need to submit all the installation/instruction manuals to the Army.

Does anyone have access to one? Also the tank is installed 8 feet below the water line in a mechanical room. I have restricted the flow from the main drain to get proper flow and it seems to work, however I know this is not correct practices for this unit.

Some good advice here would help.

Attachments

• SH3I0013.JPG
    SH3I0013.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 227
The process engineer that designed the system is the one that needs to write the instruction manual. Nemato is just a tank supplier and would have no way of knowing how the tank is installed or the arrangement of the pumps, pipe, valves, and controls. They can suggest installation configurations, but that does not mean the tank is actually installed that way. There should be a P&ID drawing that shows all the pressures, levels, flows, valves, and instruments, and how everything is connected and controlled. That is the basis for the instruction manual.

Edit: This assumes Nemato did not do the process design and layout. If they did, then yes, they should supply the instruction manual and the P&ID.

Brushpup said:
OK, I give up....what is this for?

It is a surge tank for taking the overflow of water when many people get in the pool. When the people get out of the pool and the level drops the water is returned. The tank and controls maintain a constant volume of water in the system by providing a "flexible pool volume control" when people enter the pool the water level goes up and when they leave the level goes down - this tank evens out the surges and keeps a constant pool level regardless of how many people are in or out of the pool.

Surge tanks (aka Balance tanks) are used on all perimeter overflow pools. Some systems are designed so that perimeter overflow channel serves as the pool’s "in-pool" surge tank. The normal capacity of the tank is 1.0 gallons per square foot of surface water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.