Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nemato Balancing Tank in Okinawa Japan

1. Back To Top    #1

Nemato Balancing Tank in Okinawa Japan

Topics merged. Double posting not allowed. Bama

I have asked Nemato for an instruction manual for their horizontal tank and have gotten no reply. I am stuck here in Okinawa, Japan and need to submit all the installation/instruction manuals to the Army.

Does anyone have access to one? Also the tank is installed 8 feet below the water line in a mechanical room. I have restricted the flow from the main drain to get proper flow and it seems to work, however I know this is not correct practices for this unit.

Some good advice here would help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Nemato Balancing Tank in Okinawa Japan

I have asked Nemato for an instruction manual for their horizontal tank and have gotten no reply. I am stuck here in Okinawa, Japan and need to submit all the installation/instruction manuals to the Army.

Does anyone have access to one? Also the tank is installed 8 feet below the water line in a mechanical room. I have restricted the flow from the main drain to get proper flow and it seems to work, however I know this is not correct practices for this unit.

Some good advice here would help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Nemato Balancing Tank in Okinawa Japan

The process engineer that designed the system is the one that needs to write the instruction manual. Nemato is just a tank supplier and would have no way of knowing how the tank is installed or the arrangement of the pumps, pipe, valves, and controls. They can suggest installation configurations, but that does not mean the tank is actually installed that way. There should be a P&ID drawing that shows all the pressures, levels, flows, valves, and instruments, and how everything is connected and controlled. That is the basis for the instruction manual.

Edit: This assumes Nemato did not do the process design and layout. If they did, then yes, they should supply the instruction manual and the P&ID.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you buy directly from Nemato, or a distributor? If you bought it from a distributor, then they should be able to help you.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you everyone!

Nemato tanks are custom built and flow adjustments are determined by site conditions and engineering calculations.

Japan is good to go!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

OK, I give up....what is this for?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Brushpup
    OK, I give up....what is this for?
    It is a surge tank for taking the overflow of water when many people get in the pool. When the people get out of the pool and the level drops the water is returned. The tank and controls maintain a constant volume of water in the system by providing a "flexible pool volume control" when people enter the pool the water level goes up and when they leave the level goes down - this tank evens out the surges and keeps a constant pool level regardless of how many people are in or out of the pool.
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

8. Back To Top    #8

Ahhhhhhhhhh,

In that case, I would like to see what type of level control takes care of that. Very interesting, thank you Sir.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

9. Back To Top    #9

Having seen pics of how crowded the large resorts can get, sometimes it seems there is more people than water in those big wave pools.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

10. Back To Top    #10

Surge tanks (aka Balance tanks) are used on all perimeter overflow pools. Some systems are designed so that perimeter overflow channel serves as the pool’s "in-pool" surge tank. The normal capacity of the tank is 1.0 gallons per square foot of surface water.