Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: holiday plan, sort of worked :)

1. Back To Top    #1

holiday plan, sort of worked :)

I researched on here how to manage our (first-time owners) AGP while we went on holidays for 2 weeks.

I left the swg on a timer (same as when we are at home) and put the solar cover on. The swg was on low.

I tested the water today. Yikes! 16 ppm FC. 0 CC

I guess the solar cover didn't allow any of the chlorine to burn off. We are in full sun 12 or more hours a day. Apparently, we had a ton of rain while we were gone.

The skimmer was clean as was the pump filter but the pool had a bunch of leaves on the floor. I was very careful about removing the cover and dumping the crud on the grass, and not in the pool.

Any suggestions for our next holiday?
    ____________________________________________________________ ________________________
    Newbie, :) 12 foot round AGP, 52 inches high, 3400 Gallons, Sand Filter, 1 HP Hayward Pump, Zodiac Clearwater Salt system, Taylor K-2006 kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Central Califorina

Re: holiday plan, sort of worked :)

All in all some leaves and high FC are better to come home to than a swamp. Next time you could try a winter cover. That will keep the leaves and rain out. Obviously the SWCG can run less as well. Congrats on comeing home to algea free pool.
    3500 gallon 14x42 Intex Ultra Frame
    1/2 HP Intex 1600 sand filter/pump - Intex SWCG
    Two 4x20 Fafco solar panels.
    Taylor K-2006
    Marquis spirit hot tub - Grill Dome ceramic grill/smoker