Pool Heating...Anyone???

Patrick_B

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Midland TX
Thinking about extending the season and looking at various heaters online. Wondering about experiences of anyone using any kind for an AG. I am trying to avoid the $900 and up prices however, so I know options are limited. Anyone have thoughts?

Re: Intex Pool Heating...Anyone???

Brushpup said:
(Frog... I dont want to hear about your 54° water! :lol: )

LOL... It's about 71 today. Sunny even, but since H dumped "the rest of the bottle" of bleach in this morning after he re-filled the pool (hokey aerating attempt resulted in 3-400 gallon loss overnight), FC is at 12ppm and the kids prefer 7 or less. No swimming ATM.

I heard something funny on the radio last week.

"Some cities call them sunbreaks... we call them summer"

I busted up hearing that one. Couldn't be more true.

Is it seriously 900 bux for a pool heater? Craigslist might be a good place to look if they're that much. If you find one that works we'd be interested as well. I do despise the kids, but there does come a time to stop torturing them I suppose... :slidehalo:

scour craigslist for 4x20 solar panels. I have 2 4'x20' solar bears by fafco and the pool is rarely below the avg air temp. My panels get sun from 10am-3pm and the solar cover is a must at night. I purchased ours new for about $200-$250 each, but I have seen them on CL for $50-$100 used.

Yes, solar is what I have thought to be the only reasonable thing pools. Been thinking of something like that or even home made. Ive heard of some kind of mats too...where did I read that? :scratch:

On a 3k gal pool a 4x20 or possibly an 8x10 panel would make a world of difference. The homemade version (I am very pro DIY) just can't match the efficiency of these relatively cheap panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.