NEW pool SWG almost there but need guidance!

swest

Aug 11, 2011
My first post.. I am not much of talker more of read and learn but I need some guidance now. As I am close to complete.

7600 gallon above ground pool (18'x52inch round)
Zodiac AG clearwater SWG (set at 60%) 5 hour reverse cycles
Have a big pump 1.5 HP Jacuzzi 15LRC (was all they had leftover, end of season got it same price as 3/4HP)
Jacuzzi L192C (19 in. 36.4 in. 1.87 Sq. Ft. 200 Lbs. 47 GPM 16,800 Gal. 7 Way Dial) running 14psi
Sun on pool from 8am to 5pm
3 bathers 3 times aweek

All my levels are good running the pump and SWG 16 hours a day FC 3ppm at 60CYA. Of course they are good if all my levels are good (thanks to all your info) but I am trying to see what is the minimum I can run my pump and SWG for. :)
So before I start testing it out Id love to have some input or guidance so I can start somewhere.

I am in Ontario Canada and we have cheap hours from 7pm to 6am. Mid peak is 6am to 11am then 5pm to 7pm. The rest is expensive stuff.

Questions:

Am I ok to run at night only or should I break it up say 5.5 hours (sop she can reverse cycle) then 2.5 later in the day?
How much time should I run the pump and SWG for 7600 gallons?
Do I need to run during the day?
Your suggestions on what I shoudl start out with?

Thanks everyon ein advance! :party:

Welcome to TFP!

Running only at night is fine. Breaking the run time into two sections several hours apart is good, though not by any means required.

Pump run time is difficult to guess with any precisions. You have a large pump and a small pool so your pump run time will be fairly short. But the only way to get a real number is to try it and see. Try running the pump for 5 hours a day and see if how that works out.

There is no need to run during the day, nor is running during the day a problem should you choose to do so.

So.. if I run say 6 hours at night and check at 5pm and chlorine is still at 3ppm Im good?
Or 5 hours at night then a quick clean at 7pm for 1 hour, as long as at 5pm chlorine is at 3ppm Im good?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.