Hayward pool heater problem

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
I have a 14 month old Hayward natural gas heater. It has been use lightly, maybe 5-6 hours total. It just started acting up. I can turn it on and it will be fine then later I will notice that it has a CE code. Sometimes the code goes away and all is fine. Sometimes from the code the display will just go blank. We turn the heater on each day, but mainly to see what the water temperature is. My husband took the cover off, didn't notice any loose cable connections, etc. and it worked fine for a day or two and then started the intermittent normal display, ce code or no display at all. Any ideas?

CE indicates a Communications Error between the ignition control board and the display board. First, try removing and then reconnecting power to the heater. Second, check the wiring to make sure that it is securely connected. If one and two don't work, you might have to replace the ignition control board and/or display board.

Note: Only qualified service technicians should repair heaters. Heaters can be dangerous to work on and use if the repair person is not properly qualified.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.