Thanks Dave, New Vegas Pool Owner

Jul 3, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
OK where to start, this is my first pool. Please don't kill me yet!! I think i have all the information asked for in the school.

First i want to say thank you to everyone here! Great Information and details.

I found this site a little over a month ago while trying to get my new to me pool re plastered.

I have used many of the suggestions and ideas already.

If i didn't find this forum i would have been at the mercy of the pool store = not good, those guys need to come here and get schooled before working there.

I have a new TF-100 Thanks Dave, these are my first readings, before i was using Aquacheck 7.

now Target
FC= 7 6
PH= 7.5 7.5
TA= 150 100
CH= 240 260
CYA= 55 40
100* TEMP
CSI Says 0.3-0.16 on pool Calc,, Troublefreepool.com settings,, using bleach

The heater and the IC-40 are not powered on.

I have been brushing everyday, and vacuuming with a brush.

This is my first time using the test kit, so i am a little concerned about the accuracy, did it change? one more drop, etc

If i might ask?
1. When using the speed stir do i fill to the line with or without the mixing bean, my above tests were done to the line then added the bean.
2. my water has always looked good and clear, can see the bottom.nothing noticeably wrong, Now I am Starting to see what looks like scale, stains, discoloration on the bottom, it only seems to be on the shallow end.

what should i do next before i do the wrong thing?

i will post a few pics tomorrow, too dark now.

Are there any members in town?

thank you

john

I can help you with #1...you're doing it correct. Measure first, then add the stirbar. (We gotta get you speakin' the lingo..)

The CH target will take care of itself shortly. You don't need to buy any...they'll give it to you free when you purchase tap water!

I'd leave CYA right where it is. You get a lot of sun in Vegas, you'll need the extra protection.

TA will slowly come down as long as you keep adding acid to maintain the pH.

#2, I don't know. Could be the beginning of scale, could just be normal with new plaster. Someone who does know should be along shortly.

Wow,

Now that was fast. Thank you

Stirbar, Not Bean, lol, another thing i learned.

I gotta say i do love this site, i have been driving myself crazy with this pool from pulling new wire, to the electronics, programming, brushing, etc.

you have no idea how much time, money and trouble this site has saved me.

i went outside and took a pic, here is my first attempt to attach it. Ok i need to re-size it?

For posting pics, lots of us use the free service of PhotoBucket.com.

After you upload pics to PhotoBucket, just copy the IMG code and paste it in the post. The image will appear when you hit preview or submit.

Chuck,
Thanks for the link, i will read that later, you will notice a change in a few days. small price to help out, i know all about the costs associated with hosting, moderating, and helping others.

Butterfly
thank you for the help, i tried it late last knight but it didn't work. i saw your post then read the FAQ's. so this is an attempt with a pic from last knight.
DSC03057Medium-1.jpg.

Is this the correct way to add pics?

john

Use the image code button in the reply editor, then place the url within those tags.

We can click on the link without the image tags, but when you add the image tags before and after the url it will embed the image. You can edit your previous post with those tags and it'll show up.

looks like this:
Code:
[img]http://yourimageurl.com[/img]

frogabog said:
Use the image code button in the reply editor, then place the url within those tags.

We can click on the link without the image tags, but when you add the image tags before and after the url it will embed the image. You can edit your previous post with those tags and it'll show up.

looks like this:
Code:
[img]http://yourimageurl.com[/img]
OK

I tried to do it as you mentioned above, even a few different ways, i can't get it to work.

Code:
[img]http://i1176.photobucket.comjpg[/img]

enjoy the pic as it will likely be the last one until i get some time to figure it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't copy the whole code box section, it just re-pastes it as another code box. Although you can use the select all link in the code box to just copy the text. Then paste that. I had to use the code box because if I type the IMG tags into my post, it'll try to display an image instead of showing you what the code looks like when you insert one.

Easiest way is to use the IMG button when in the full editor. Then paste your link inside the img tags.

mvc.jpg

okay, the way I did this:
1. Upload pic to Photobucket
2. hover mouse over pic and a window with 4 options pops up.
3. Select/click "IMG code" and that will copy code
4. Come back here and paste code into your post.
5. Hit preview or submit for pic to appear.

I'm sure there is/could be an easier way, but this is the way I do it :mrgreen:

DSC03072.jpg

Ok

here is a picture of the possible problem i am worried about.

everything looks and measures out ok.

but the floor and bottom part of the walls are starting to look funny, like staining or discoloration.

what is the next step i can take to prevent problems.

it seems every day more of the floor looks like it is discolored or stained?

john

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.