Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Dave, New Vegas Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks Dave, New Vegas Pool Owner

OK where to start, this is my first pool. Please don't kill me yet!! I think i have all the information asked for in the school.

First i want to say thank you to everyone here! Great Information and details.

I found this site a little over a month ago while trying to get my new to me pool re plastered.

I have used many of the suggestions and ideas already.

If i didn't find this forum i would have been at the mercy of the pool store = not good, those guys need to come here and get schooled before working there.

I have a new TF-100 Thanks Dave, these are my first readings, before i was using Aquacheck 7.

now Target
    FC= 7 6
    PH= 7.5 7.5
    TA= 150 100
    CH= 240 260
    CYA= 55 40
    100* TEMP
    CSI Says 0.3-0.16 on pool Calc,, Troublefreepool.com settings,, using bleach

The heater and the IC-40 are not powered on.

I have been brushing everyday, and vacuuming with a brush.

This is my first time using the test kit, so i am a little concerned about the accuracy, did it change? one more drop, etc

If i might ask?
    1. When using the speed stir do i fill to the line with or without the mixing bean, my above tests were done to the line then added the bean.
    2. my water has always looked good and clear, can see the bottom.nothing noticeably wrong, Now I am Starting to see what looks like scale, stains, discoloration on the bottom, it only seems to be on the shallow end.

what should i do next before i do the wrong thing?

i will post a few pics tomorrow, too dark now.

Are there any members in town?

thank you

john
    Vegas, New Plaster on July 26-2011,, 14,000 Gal IG ,,aproximately 2000 Gal Spa above w/ 8 jets,, Easy touch-8,, firmware- 2.100,, 2 actuators w/ IC-40,, Hayward Clean and clear? 320,, Intelliflo x 2,, 2HP Blower,,Intellibrite 5g Pool & Spa,, Wireless Remote. TF Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thanks Dave, New Vegas Pool Owner

I can help you with #1...you're doing it correct. Measure first, then add the stirbar. (We gotta get you speakin' the lingo..)

The CH target will take care of itself shortly. You don't need to buy any...they'll give it to you free when you purchase tap water!

I'd leave CYA right where it is. You get a lot of sun in Vegas, you'll need the extra protection.

TA will slowly come down as long as you keep adding acid to maintain the pH.

#2, I don't know. Could be the beginning of scale, could just be normal with new plaster. Someone who does know should be along shortly.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow,

Now that was fast. Thank you

Stirbar, Not Bean, lol, another thing i learned.

I gotta say i do love this site, i have been driving myself crazy with this pool from pulling new wire, to the electronics, programming, brushing, etc.

you have no idea how much time, money and trouble this site has saved me.

i went outside and took a pic, here is my first attempt to attach it. Ok i need to re-size it?
    Vegas, New Plaster on July 26-2011,, 14,000 Gal IG ,,aproximately 2000 Gal Spa above w/ 8 jets,, Easy touch-8,, firmware- 2.100,, 2 actuators w/ IC-40,, Hayward Clean and clear? 320,, Intelliflo x 2,, 2HP Blower,,Intellibrite 5g Pool & Spa,, Wireless Remote. TF Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Along with the pool school link... this other link is great too!
    become-a-tfp-supporter-f27.html

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

5. Back To Top    #5

For posting pics, lots of us use the free service of PhotoBucket.com.

After you upload pics to PhotoBucket, just copy the IMG code and paste it in the post. The image will appear when you hit preview or submit.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Chuck,
    Thanks for the link, i will read that later, you will notice a change in a few days. small price to help out, i know all about the costs associated with hosting, moderating, and helping others.

Butterfly
    thank you for the help, i tried it late last knight but it didn't work. i saw your post then read the FAQ's. so this is an attempt with a pic from last knight.

Is this the correct way to add pics?

john

7. Back To Top    #7

Use the image code button in the reply editor, then place the url within those tags.

We can click on the link without the image tags, but when you add the image tags before and after the url it will embed the image. You can edit your previous post with those tags and it'll show up.

looks like this:
    Code:
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

8. Back To Top    #8

Hit the "quote" button and you can see how I just did that.
    22,000 inground Fiberglass
    DE Filter Pentair FNSP 48
    Century Centurion 1.0 HP 1.25 S.F. 3450 RPM

9. Back To Top    #9

Bigger is better :P
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by frogabog
    Use the image code button in the reply editor, then place the url within those tags.

We can click on the link without the image tags, but when you add the image tags before and after the url it will embed the image. You can edit your previous post with those tags and it'll show up.

looks like this:
    Code:
    OK

I tried to do it as you mentioned above, even a few different ways, i can't get it to work.

Code:

enjoy the pic as it will likely be the last one until i get some time to figure it out.

11. Back To Top    #11

Code:

12. Back To Top    #12

OK,

I give up!

what is the best way to attach a pic??

john

13. Back To Top    #13

Don't copy the whole code box section, it just re-pastes it as another code box. Although you can use the select all link in the code box to just copy the text. Then paste that. I had to use the code box because if I type the IMG tags into my post, it'll try to display an image instead of showing you what the code looks like when you insert one.

Easiest way is to use the IMG button when in the full editor. Then paste your link inside the img tags.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

14. Back To Top    #14

[img]
    [/img]

hi,

ok this worked but really not sure how i got it.

i am using photobucket.

15. Back To Top    #15

okay, the way I did this:
    1. Upload pic to Photobucket
    2. hover mouse over pic and a window with 4 options pops up.
    3. Select/click "IMG code" and that will copy code
    4. Come back here and paste code into your post.
    5. Hit preview or submit for pic to appear.

I'm sure there is/could be an easier way, but this is the way I do it
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

16. Back To Top    #16

ok

now i have it.

i do not need to use the img tag

not only the first time with a pool, but also using web pics, and posting on a forum.

Thanks Frogabog

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you, Butterfly

i uploaded to photo-bucket,

clicked on the image.

on the right side was a box with 4 options.

i clicked on img code, it automatically copied it.

then i just pasted it to the reply box.

18. Back To Top    #18

Ta Da!

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by john1po
    ... Stirbar, Not Bean, lol,....
    Stirbar, mixing bean, whatever. From the very first, it reminded me of a Preparation H suppository. I still get a chuckle every time I see it.
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

20. Back To Top    #20

Ok

here is a picture of the possible problem i am worried about.

everything looks and measures out ok.

but the floor and bottom part of the walls are starting to look funny, like staining or discoloration.

what is the next step i can take to prevent problems.

it seems every day more of the floor looks like it is discolored or stained?

john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast