16x24 ABG Doughboy inground

poboy

May 25, 2011
We finished our pool project, and I thought I'd show it off - we think it came together quite nicely. Thank you to all users on the site for advice.

Yard before getting started (we'd had a 16' Intex last year):
DSCF2924.JPG

Seen from above - stakes and boards to outline the pool and deep/shallow end:
DSCF3011.JPG

Digging has started:
DSCF3021.JPG

Buttresses are up:
DSCF3028.JPG

Walls, steps, and liner are in place:
DSCF3128.JPG

Fill'er Up (pool mama waiting to jump in):
DSCF3140.JPG

Slurry:
DSCF3157.JPG

Pool Mama in the pool (she didn't stay long):
DSCF3168.JPG

Concrete poured and fence is up - getting close to the end:
DSCF3205.JPG

Ready to swim:
DSCF3210.JPG

Relaxing in the shade:
DSCF3213.JPG

Equipment Pad (still room for a heater):
DSCF3214.JPG

Sparklypoolitis:
DSCF3225.JPG

More images https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...TKsgNU4BscNpiD9lMK5Uvq9hvLW4fq92f51E&hl=en_US

mx702 said:
I have yet to see that, either. Why not just do an in ground at that point?

Looks nice.

Thanks. Concrete only goes all the way up the pool by the steps. Around the sides, there's about an inch clearance so they can get at the screws to take the cap off for a liner change down the road.

We went with the ABG inground because that's what the pool builder was doing. And it was considerably cheaper than other options we looked at, apart from buying a kit online (we weren't quite prepared for that project).

poboy said:
mx702 said:
I have yet to see that, either. Why not just do an in ground at that point?

Looks nice.

Thanks. Concrete only goes all the way up the pool by the steps. Around the sides, there's about an inch clearance so they can get at the screws to take the cap off for a liner change down the road.

We went with the ABG inground because that's what the pool builder was doing. And it was considerably cheaper than other options we looked at, apart from buying a kit online (we weren't quite prepared for that project).

I bought the pool kit online and it is a lot of work but I had hired some help. Just curious, how much was your project?

We are in the process of looking at pools and leaning toward the in-ground vinyl Doughboy. We need to bury it completely.. It looks like you did the same. Are you happy? Any words of wisdom?? Thanks in advance!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.