Edge of inside pool liner corner caving down.

diyguy

Aug 15, 2011
Around the inside corner near the skimmer and in another spot, I notice the liner caving
in a bit no leaks, seems the skimmer overflow due to rain eroded the ground under the liner
I have the thickest liner you could get, its been like that for years, anyone else have that
problem, if so how did you handle that? Its not effecting the supports or anything like that.
and I plan on filling and compacting when I need a new liner. any ideas what I can do now
short of replacing the liner?.

Gary

Mine is also like that in about a 10' long stretch right inside the foam cove I have. It's been that way for probably 10 out of it's 16 years & it's caused no problems with the liner so far. I've just kept an eye on it & it's never gotten any worse. It has probably sunk maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Like you, I'll fix that along with re-leveling one side of the pad whenever I replace the liner.

ultra800_96 said:
Mine is also like that in about a 10' long stretch right inside the foam cove I have. It's been that way for probably 10 out of it's 16 years & it's caused no problems with the liner so far. I've just kept an eye on it & it's never gotten any worse. It has probably sunk maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Like you, I'll fix that along with re-leveling one side of the pad whenever I replace the liner.

Yep, that sounds exactly like my problem, I will post pictures later today or tomorrow, I guess we will need ti fill then compact one day
but I think we both have some sort of grade problem around our pool as well.

Gary

Here is a photo taken today, of that, "note the lower center of photo"
001.jpg

Liner is the thickest they make, and a good thing, was like this for
about 3 yrs now, what would some of you do about that?. my wife says
leave it.

Gary

Looks exactly like what I was blameing on mole tunnels as I had several place like that but not at the skimmer area. First one was about 5yrs ago, then another and then another, the first just a round depresion, the others 2 to 4 ft long, maybe 3" wide. Last winter, mid Jan. the liner got brittle enough that it broke through. One day it was normal, 2 or 3 days later I noticed the winter cover stretched tight and clips coming off, looked in the pool. It looked like a giant ice doughnut, a hole down the center and the winter cover was trashed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.