Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Edge of inside pool liner corner caving down.

1. Back To Top    #1

Edge of inside pool liner corner caving down.

Around the inside corner near the skimmer and in another spot, I notice the liner caving
    in a bit no leaks, seems the skimmer overflow due to rain eroded the ground under the liner
    I have the thickest liner you could get, its been like that for years, anyone else have that
    problem, if so how did you handle that? Its not effecting the supports or anything like that.
    and I plan on filling and compacting when I need a new liner. any ideas what I can do now
    short of replacing the liner?.

Gary

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Edge of inside pool liner corner caving down.

Hi, could you post a picture of the problem?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine is also like that in about a 10' long stretch right inside the foam cove I have. It's been that way for probably 10 out of it's 16 years & it's caused no problems with the liner so far. I've just kept an eye on it & it's never gotten any worse. It has probably sunk maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Like you, I'll fix that along with re-leveling one side of the pad whenever I replace the liner.
    12,900 Gal. 24' X 48" ABG Vinyl Round (17th Birthday)
    1HP Hayward Pump w/S180T Hayward Sand Filter
    AquaTrol RJ SWCG 2011 startup
    TFP Method since '09, TF100
    50ppm Borates, June '12

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ultra800_96
    Mine is also like that in about a 10' long stretch right inside the foam cove I have. It's been that way for probably 10 out of it's 16 years & it's caused no problems with the liner so far. I've just kept an eye on it & it's never gotten any worse. It has probably sunk maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch. Like you, I'll fix that along with re-leveling one side of the pad whenever I replace the liner.
    Yep, that sounds exactly like my problem, I will post pictures later today or tomorrow, I guess we will need ti fill then compact one day
    but I think we both have some sort of grade problem around our pool as well.

Gary

5. Back To Top    #5

Here is a photo taken today, of that, "note the lower center of photo"

Liner is the thickest they make, and a good thing, was like this for
    about 3 yrs now, what would some of you do about that?. my wife says
    leave it.

Gary

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks exactly like what I was blameing on mole tunnels as I had several place like that but not at the skimmer area. First one was about 5yrs ago, then another and then another, the first just a round depresion, the others 2 to 4 ft long, maybe 3" wide. Last winter, mid Jan. the liner got brittle enough that it broke through. One day it was normal, 2 or 3 days later I noticed the winter cover stretched tight and clips coming off, looked in the pool. It looked like a giant ice doughnut, a hole down the center and the winter cover was trashed.
    24' round, above ground, 1hp 150# sand filter, live in the middle of corn fields, have well water

7. Back To Top    #7

I wouldn't worry about it. Fix it when you replace the liner.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit