Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Exposure at Water Park

1. Back To Top    #1
    Orlando, FL

Chlorine Exposure at Water Park

I hate it when stuff like this happens.

20 taken to hospital with symptoms of chlorine exposure at water park in Sacramento, Calif ... o-hos.html
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chlorine Exposure at Water Park

Not enough info in the article obviously to know what happened. Is there any possibility that places like this use gas? If not, how would there be enough exposure to cause problems this severe?
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

I think many big commercial pools use gas. I don't know about California they are usually the first to adapt new rules.
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-48
    Located in NOLA

4. Back To Top    #4

Eastern Canada

Sounds like they were using gas, and the concentration was too much. A local pool here had a different problem recently, when someone somehow mixed hydrochloric acid (ph reduction), and liquid chlorine in the same container, and generated chlorine gas.
    18X36' 25000 gal Jacuzzi vinyl Inground Pool (1985) with resin sidewalls, newer Jacuzzi 1 hp two-speed pump and sand filter. Raypak propane heater, Rainbow 320 chlorinator (mostly use bleach).
    Softtub 220 portable hot tub.