10" of rain yesterday, had to keep draing pool

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
Here in South Jersy we got hammered yesterday with over 10" of rain. I had to keep letting water out of my pool so it would not over flow and run between my liner and the side of the pool. Did anyone else get hit hard yesterday with that rain?

I got hit hard yesterday and we are getting hit hard again now. I definitely need to drain, but I am not going out in the rain to do it. (I've got a fresh hairdo to maintain....LOL) Hopefully I will get a chance after work today to drain, if it stops raining. If not, I will be out there tomorrow after work wasting more of my 72 degree water.....sheesh. The rain has killed what little temp build up I had, so my swimming season is now pretty much over. I need another 2 week stretch of 90+ degree weather to get back up to 80 degrees.

heatmisr said:
I got hit hard yesterday and we are getting hit hard again now. I definitely need to drain, but I am not going out in the rain to do it. (I've got a fresh hairdo to maintain....LOL) Hopefully I will get a chance after work today to drain, if it stops raining. If not, I will be out there tomorrow after work wasting more of my 72 degree water.....sheesh. The rain has killed what little temp build up I had, so my swimming season is now pretty much over. I need another 2 week stretch of 90+ degree weather to get back up to 80 degrees.

72 degrees........Burrrrrrr! Not me in that ice water. :lol:

Just checked my levels and took a swim, i was suprised that my tempature was 77 degrees i thought it would have been colder. Raked all my mulch back picked up some limbs and then jumped it and it felt great. I did have a slight George Costanza for a second! LOL

I'm in south jersey too, I drained down after the rain we had last Tuesday so this time I'm above the skimmer but still a few inches from the liner. We get so much sun usually it will burn off but I may drain some tonight since we are going to get more rain over the next few days.

We got a lot of rain last week and I had to drain some water then. Just got back in from draining some more while it continues to rain. :grrrr: I just do a 'backwash' or it will overflow at the skimmer basket.
My water temps are down to 74 :cry: . I hope we get another warm up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.