Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bonita Springs Pool Build - Absentee Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Bonita Springs Pool Build - Absentee Owner

I had asked some questions a few months ago and got some useful information. Brent in Jacksonville was helpful in talking to me on the phone which added some very useful information in the completion of the items for our pool.

We will be down in about a week for a much needed vacation for 8 days and then will not return until Thanksgiving.

All work on the pool is being done with the many recommendations given for this pool builder.

I will include pictures that our weekly valet service takes with his cell phone. Not the best but all I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (119.5 KB, 521 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (111.4 KB, 521 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (120.6 KB, 521 views)
    Julie
    I have a small (3,750 gallon) in-ground, Viking pool - 2hp Jandy pump, AquaPure 700 Cholorinator, Jandy Aqualink, and Jandy CJ250 filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bonita Springs Pool Build - Absentee Owner

more:
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (124.2 KB, 520 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (118.4 KB, 520 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (116.0 KB, 520 views)
    Julie
    I have a small (3,750 gallon) in-ground, Viking pool - 2hp Jandy pump, AquaPure 700 Cholorinator, Jandy Aqualink, and Jandy CJ250 filter

3. Back To Top    #3

more:
    Julie

4. Back To Top    #4

There is either too much sand surrounding the pool or the pool was shot to low. When graded, water should run away from the pool edge.

A drain will be needed between the house and the pool.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

I would also heartily recommend some gutters on that back roofline to minimize the rain runoff into the pool area. The old pool guys (builders) I talk to say that erosion around the pool due to runoff is their long term main problem that causes major structural issues with the pools they build.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

6. Back To Top    #6

All for now.

Will take more in week and a half. Doubt if much more is done by then but who knows.

Thanks.
    Julie

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    There is either too much sand surrounding the pool or the pool was shot to low. When graded, water should run away from the pool edge.

A drain will be needed between the house and the pool.

Scott

In the price (contract is a 8" drain between the house and pool.
    Julie

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lershac
    I would also heartily recommend some gutters on that back roofline to minimize the rain runoff into the pool area. The old pool guys (builders) I talk to say that erosion around the pool due to runoff is their long term main problem that causes major structural issues with the pools they build.

In the contract is provision for gutters at the rear of the house for drainage. All decking will be sloped away from the house.

The sand was piled up high because of the daily rains.
    Julie

9. Back To Top    #9

Between the house and pool should be a valley with the drain. You don't want any splash out or rain running back in the pool. It would bring in dirt.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

10. Back To Top    #10

If you notice the picture of the screened lanai and the pool on the left, the drain will be put at the end of the existing concrete and screen (present concrete slopes away from the house). The screen will be removed and pavers (1") will be put on top of the concrete to match the pavers around the pool and then everything will be covered with a new lanai.
    Julie

11. Back To Top    #11

Here are the latest that were sent up yesterday,

All comments welcome.
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (145.5 KB, 417 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (134.2 KB, 417 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (138.1 KB, 417 views)
    Julie

12. Back To Top    #12

more:
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (100.2 KB, 417 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (127.8 KB, 417 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (114.0 KB, 417 views)
    Julie

13. Back To Top    #13

more:
    Julie

14. Back To Top    #14

more:
    Julie

15. Back To Top    #15

more:
    Julie

16. Back To Top    #16

last for now:
    Julie

17. Back To Top    #17

Looking great, nice job!!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

18. Back To Top    #18

My homewatch only takes pictures after something is done, so that is why the delay in posting pictures. The builder was told we would not be down and to take their time and "do a good job"..
    Julie

19. Back To Top    #19

more:
    Julie

20. Back To Top    #20

more and then will probably post the final pics after the screen goes up and finish put on the pool.
    Julie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast