Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: another CSI question

1. Back To Top    #1

another CSI question

I have read through pool school and have been using TFP suggestions for about 2 weeks. the pool has never looked better.
    I have a new (built fall '10, started up spring '11) plaster, SWG pool.
    What would be an ideal CSI to aim for?
    30000 gallon inground gunite pool
    Intelliflo ic-60 SWG, pentair tagelus sand filter, 1.5 hp whisperflo pump, tf 100 test kit,
    2 kids(tl), 1 mini-dachshund/lab mix(t),
    Central Illinois

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: another CSI question

Quote Originally Posted by tltmom
    I have read through pool school and have been using TFP suggestions for about 2 weeks. the pool has never looked better.
    I have a new (built fall '10, started up spring '11) plaster, SWG pool.
    What would be an ideal CSI to aim for?
    Same as everyone else: 0 +/-.6

Zero is neutral, positive numbers mean it is likely to deposit scale, negative numbers mean it will leach Calcium from the walls. Anything within the +/- .6 range will be fine. Don't obsess on CSI, worry about FC and pH. But look at the CSI and if it starts creeping to the limits, then adjust things.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: another CSI question

thanks!
    I knew the +/- .6 but thought I had read somewhere that plaster pools needed a csi in a smaller range of -.1 to -.2.
    glad I don't have to worry about it.
    30000 gallon inground gunite pool
    Intelliflo ic-60 SWG, pentair tagelus sand filter, 1.5 hp whisperflo pump, tf 100 test kit,
    2 kids(tl), 1 mini-dachshund/lab mix(t),
    Central Illinois