Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE filter HELP !!!!!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

DE filter HELP !!!!!!!!!!

I posted an earlier question about DE returning to my pool. Got no response so maybe I can get feedback on this. On a Pentair DE filter lower housing is the intake (bottom fitting) and the return (top fitting). The return has the 2" PVC pipe which goes up the side to the manifold. When I fill that tube up with water I can see it streaming back into the tank. Is there a oring that needs to be replaced and if so how do I get that bulkhead off the tank? Please help.

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: DE filter HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to TFP!!

If your 'stand pipe' is cracked, you will end up with DE in the pool

To replace it you need to drain the filter and open it up, so you can access the pipe that goes through the body of the filter and is secured (and sealed) by the flange that the multiport attaches to.

Best I can tell from my 2006 parts manual is that it will cost you ~ $50 for the replacement

If you need more from me on this, just ask
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)