OK what's up with everything breaking at once :)

imcj

May 18, 2010
I bought this Intex pool and accessories last summer. I just posted about my frame pool hook for the skimmer breaking and now my Intex light (you know the pool wall light that has a part outside the wall and inside) stopped working. I haven't even used it very many times. It looks like moisture got to the inside. Is it doomed? I didn't mind spending the $50 when I got it, but it seems like a waste of money when you only used it about 5 times. Bummer.

I know how you feel! Although it's not our pool breaking, every car in the driveway has had something Crud out on it this year. I still say it's all due to the excessive heat we've been having!!!
As for your light it is an led fixture so you should be able to open it up and let it dry out. Check the seal while you are at it. IIR the powersupply isn't in the light itself so hopefully it should be ok.

We've had awful heat too. Today was about 107, tomorrow is supposed to be 109. I'm not meaning to sound stupid here, but there doesn't seem to be a way in. I suppose I could try to pry the clear cover off, but that's risking breaking it. I guess it won't make a difference - it doesn't work right now anyway. Anyone know how to get it apart without breaking it?

Fiddle with the connector. We've used the intex light two seasons now every night, and many days (forget to unplug it) without issue. Once it stopped working, then worked again. I fiddled with the connection. shrug...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.