Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OK what's up with everything breaking at once :)

1. Back To Top    #1

OK what's up with everything breaking at once :)

I bought this Intex pool and accessories last summer. I just posted about my frame pool hook for the skimmer breaking and now my Intex light (you know the pool wall light that has a part outside the wall and inside) stopped working. I haven't even used it very many times. It looks like moisture got to the inside. Is it doomed? I didn't mind spending the $50 when I got it, but it seems like a waste of money when you only used it about 5 times. Bummer.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OK what's up with everything breaking at once :)

I know how you feel! Although it's not our pool breaking, every car in the driveway has had something **** out on it this year. I still say it's all due to the excessive heat we've been having!!!
    As for your light it is an led fixture so you should be able to open it up and let it dry out. Check the seal while you are at it. IIR the powersupply isn't in the light itself so hopefully it should be ok.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

We've had awful heat too. Today was about 107, tomorrow is supposed to be 109. I'm not meaning to sound stupid here, but there doesn't seem to be a way in. I suppose I could try to pry the clear cover off, but that's risking breaking it. I guess it won't make a difference - it doesn't work right now anyway. Anyone know how to get it apart without breaking it?
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

4. Back To Top    #4

Fiddle with the connector. We've used the intex light two seasons now every night, and many days (forget to unplug it) without issue. Once it stopped working, then worked again. I fiddled with the connection. shrug...
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that.