Bleach Price Increase

Samantha_in_AL

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 19, 2010
Altoona, AL
I went to Wal Mart this morning to stock back up on 182 oz. jugs of Great Value Bleach. It has gone up to $2.98. That's a price increase of almost 50 cents all at once.
I guess we are lucky they held the old price as long as they did. It's getting harder to buy it in bulk at our local Wally World. More often than not, the shelf is bare.
I always go super early when I plan to buy alot. I have to get there before it's gone, especially on weekends.

Carl Ichan is trying to take over Clorox. Wild guess that corporate concerns have something to do with it. Raise prices to improve profitability, stave off takeover. Or maybe just flow through of costs.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed this too last week. I went to Sam's to get Clorox, been paying $7.48 for 3 182oz. jugs and found out it went up to $8.54! So I decided to wait until I went to Walmart and just buy GV. Well, when I got there I noticed the GV 182oz. jugs had went up to $2.98, was just $2.79 a few days before. So I guess I will be staying with Sam's since it still comes out a few cents cheaper and I shop there for other items anyway. I was really shocked by the large increase though.

kplaster said:
What I have seen on the internet..Clorox posted a lower profit than the expected so they have raised prices 12%..Our local walmart was about emty on the shelves..I had to dig back in the lower shelf to get some bottles..
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 92354.html

"Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said Friday he intends to nominate 11 people, including himself, to replace Clorox Co.'s whole board at the company's next shareholder meeting.

The move, revealed in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, further escalates the battle between the household-products company and the activist shareholder, who owns about a 9.4% stake between him and his affiliate entities. .................."

94SupraTT said:
kplaster said:
What I have seen on the internet..Clorox posted a lower profit than the expected so they have raised prices 12%..Our local walmart was about emty on the shelves..I had to dig back in the lower shelf to get some bottles..
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 92354.html

"Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said Friday he intends to nominate 11 people, including himself, to replace Clorox Co.'s whole board at the company's next shareholder meeting.

The move, revealed in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, further escalates the battle between the household-products company and the activist shareholder, who owns about a 9.4% stake between him and his affiliate entities. .................."
Yep!seen that too...But,the other I read was profit's were down..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.