Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot hiccup ---- What went wrong?

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot hiccup ---- What went wrong?

When I tested my pool water for Cl on Friday night I determined that the Cl was too low. I checked the SWG and found that the filter pump was on and the Autopilot Check System light was blinking. The display was not working properly; the display showed only vertical lines. No error messages. I pressed the menu button to try to force a new display. Gibberish appeared on the display. Strange symbols or characters. Then the display went blank and the Check System light went off. It appeared that the unit had lost power. My first thought was that the circuit boards must have died. The SWG is located inside a pool house not exposed to the sun or rain. Since the temperature was still over 90 I decided to attempt to diagnose the problem early Saturday morning when the temperature would be cooler.

Saturday morning I thought that I should start by checking the fuses. I flipped a circuit breaker off and back on. The display came on showing “Cleaning”. The amps were 6.5 and the volts were 23. Power Level 2. The Autopilot clock had the correct time. The SWG ran all day Saturday and generated a normal amount of CL. So far on Sunday the unit appears to be working normally.

We have not had any lighting or thunderstorms. It has been so long since we have had thunder that my dog has gained confidence.

My water now:
    FC = 4
    CC = 0
    pH = 7.5
    TA = 80
    CH = 230
    CYA = 65
    Salt 3,300 per SWG

So, what happened? What might have gone wrong?
    30,000 gallon gunite in-ground with a spillover spa, Diving board and water slide
    Hayward 1 HP Super II filter pump, Hayward 24 " Sand Filter Pro Series using zeolite media
    Polaris 380 cleaner with ¾ HP booster pump, Hayward Heatmaster pool heater, AutoPilot DIG-220 Power Supply SC-60 cell
    Testing with the TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Autopilot hiccup ---- What went wrong?

It could have been a blip on the line from the power company. Just keep an eye on it for the next few days.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: Autopilot hiccup ---- What went wrong?

?? Haven't seen that one before.
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators