I am installing a new pool this spring. It is a 12 x 17 Wilbar AG - around 6,000 gallons? Originally, the pool store guy (henceforth PSG) sold us the following package with the pool:
1. 150 sq ft cartridge filter by Hayward coupled with a 2 HP pump with a timer on it, also Hayward
2. Nature 2
3. one of those ladybug suction side cleaner things
4. a beaded liner (not the overlapping kind)
5. a bunch of other stuff that's not important for the purpose of this thread
THEN I started reading this forum.... and made the following adjustments to my order - which saved me about $350.
1. downgraded the pump to a Hayward Powerflo LX 1 HP without the timer
2. got rid of the Nature 2
3. got rid of the ladybug and ordered a pool rover junior on the internet to replace it
4. replaced beaded liner with overlap one for ease of install since I'm doing it
5. ordered a liquidator to automate chlorine dosing cuz I'm going the BBB route
6. ordered TF Test kit. It looks like exactly what's needed
The cartridge filter is a Hayward Swimpro Voyager which is like a store brand version of the Hayward Xstream. I went with the smaller pump so I could run it for longer cycles as I figure this will make the liquidator system work better and help keep the chlorine levels consistent. I wanted to go with a 3/4 HP pump but they didn't offer one (don't ask) so I went with the 1 HP. For the price I figure if I don't like it I can use it for a backup after I replace it. Any suggestions in this department? I don't want to break the bank on the top of the line, I just want one that's going to work for my application and not break.
Am I on the right track so far? Any other suggestions appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
(Whaddaya know, I didn't need to use the PSG thing after all!)