Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Draining Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Draining Water

Morning All--been having torrential rain since last night (just over 6" over night). So woke up this morning with pool about to overflow. Setup the backwash line and pumped out water to middle of skimmer.

Assuming I'm going to break out the test kit when it stops and check my levels but wanted to know if there's anything else that should be done with this much water replacement in such a short amount of time. Pool is only a few weeks old and was getting to where I wanted. Numbers from yesterday.

Fc. 5
    Ta. 60
    Ph 7.3 (bought some washing soda yesterday to raise)
    CYA 70-80
    Salt 3600ppm

Just wanted to check everyone's experience on this forum with draining and next steps. Appreciate the help!
    25K Gallon IG Vinyl Liner w/ concrete walls True "L" 16X32X16, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward Swimclear C4030 Filter, Hayward 21104T Heat Pro Titanium Heat Pump, Hayward Aqua Plus SWG + Automation, 2 Hayward Color Logic 4.0 LED lights, Polaris 9300 cleaner. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Draining Water

Most of the time, a heavy rainstorm has less effect on your pool than you might think. Since your numbers looked good going in, I doubt you'll have to tweak them very much.

I would leave your pH alone. It'll tend to rise on it's own anyway.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Draining Water

Appreciate that duraleigh. Will leave ph alone and just test when the rain lets up. Still pouring!
    25K Gallon IG Vinyl Liner w/ concrete walls True "L" 16X32X16, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Hayward Swimclear C4030 Filter, Hayward 21104T Heat Pro Titanium Heat Pump, Hayward Aqua Plus SWG + Automation, 2 Hayward Color Logic 4.0 LED lights, Polaris 9300 cleaner. TF-100 test kit.