Slight cracks around pool skimmer.

Jul 25, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Are they safe to seal with putty? I'm looking at possibly using JB Water Weld. I am losing about an inch of water a day. Only other leak I can see is my pool pump. The PVC connection that screws into the top of my pump has a drip of about 1 drip per 30sec. The basket was just emptied before I took pic. Hence why its not there. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• pool_skimmer.jpg
    pool_skimmer.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 125
Just take some food coloring or pH reagent and squeeze out a few drops near the suspected leak(s) and if it's leaking it'll suck the dye into the hole or crack. I'd do that just to be sure it's actually the place it's leaking before I tried to patch it.

Bama Rambler said:
Just take some food coloring or pH reagent and squeeze out a few drops near the suspected leak(s) and if it's leaking it'll suck the dye into the hole or crack. I'd do that just to be sure it's actually the place it's leaking before I tried to patch it.

Thanks! I'm going to pick some up this afternoon. Also, gonna do bucket test to see exactly how much I'm losing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.