Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please help with frame pool hook ASAP

1. Back To Top    #1

Please help with frame pool hook ASAP

The kids got a little crazy "making waves" yesterday in the pool and the Intex frame pool hook (that comes with deluxe maintenance kit) broke almost completely at the point where it curves over the frame of the pool. Now the skimmer won't stay in the water because the hook won't grab on. I have it weighted down with something so the SWG can work since it doesn't without pump on. Big question - where can I buy a replacement part ASAP? I went to the Intex website and they are sold out. I can't keep a big jug for a weight on this thing very long. Thank you very, very much for your help.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please help with frame pool hook ASAP

Intex 15x48, Intex Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Intex 14" Sand Filter, TF-100 unicorn eating spaghetti while riding a unicycle on a high wire during a storm edition test kit,

http://tftestkits.net

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you buy this yet? I have an extra one if you need it. Just pay for shipping and you can have it free.
    1) 7500 Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool / 800 Gallon Gunite Spa
    2) EasyTouch 8 Automation / IC20 Intellichlor
    3) Intelliflo VS Pump for pool and water features - Cartridge and DE Filter / 2 Speed Pentair Pump for Spa and Cartridge Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your replies, and yes, I'd love to be able to get my hands on one. That's a generous offer. How would you like to do this?

Also, because this will probably happen again in the future, is there a better one that I should be looking for to have on hand?

Thanks again.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by imcj
    Thanks for your replies, and yes, I'd love to be able to get my hands on one. That's a generous offer. How would you like to do this?

Also, because this will probably happen again in the future, is there a better one that I should be looking for to have on hand?

Thanks again.
    I don't think there's another model out there. Just PM me your name and address and we'll figure it out. I could probably just send it COD if you wanted me to.
    1) 7500 Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool / 800 Gallon Gunite Spa
    2) EasyTouch 8 Automation / IC20 Intellichlor
    3) Intelliflo VS Pump for pool and water features - Cartridge and DE Filter / 2 Speed Pentair Pump for Spa and Cartridge Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Only way to eliminate that problem is to install a thru wall skimmer next season. It's alittle work for many rewards. More space in the pool and better skimming.
    3500 gallon 14x42 Intex Ultra Frame
    1/2 HP Intex 1600 sand filter/pump - Intex SWCG
    Two 4x20 Fafco solar panels.
    Taylor K-2006
    Marquis spirit hot tub - Grill Dome ceramic grill/smoker

7. Back To Top    #7

I put in a Hayward skimmer kit and got rid of the Intex overhang bucket on my Intex pool and love it!
    Here is a link to my posts about it...
    custom-pvc-pipe-adapter-for-intex-pools-t28971-20.html

Chuck
    Swim n Play 21' round, expandable 72" liner, 6FT deep center, buried 14", 12,750 Gallons
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed with 22" Sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    Thanks to TFP my pool is perfect all the time :party:
    I now suffer from Sparklypoolitis! :whoot:
    I am a Platinum contributor because I want everyone who comes here to Trouble Free Pool to have the same success that I enjoy with my pool and family.

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm scared to death to cut my pool , but if it'll be better.... I'll look into it.