First time to hard plumb...a fountain is in the makes (pics)

Aug 7, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Been floating around here a few days and first thing I saw was people hard plumbing there AGP's and the fountains to cool the water down. Here in Shreveport, Louisiana we have had 41 days over 100. Its a record for us. Needless to say, the water is like a sauna most of the time. I just got this pool a month ago but have had trouble with the fittings leaking since install. I started the hard plumb and fountain setup tonight but am missing one piece to keep me from finishing. Plus I have one small drip right before the pipe goes into the wall. I wish I could just silicone the outside of the joint?! Don't know if that will work or if I should just redo that section.

Anyway, if you have any comments please share. Thanks.

ed63bf68.jpg

ca21bc09.jpg

Re: First time to hard plumb...a fountain is in the makes (p

If it's the threads leaking you can unscrew it and silicone it and it'll seal, otherwise you'll have to redo it. You might get some glue to wick in the joint but that doesn't usually work.

That looks great! Any plans to hard pipe the vacuum side? That side really benefits from hard plumbing (less occurance of air in leaf basket, less head, less chance of a leak), though yours is really short. I agree with the teflon comment, it is easier to get apart when you need too.

I your concern of breaking that connection is loosing pool water, pull you eyeball ring and put a stopper in it's place while repairing the joint. People have also used a bowl over the whole fitting.

Got the stopper in there this morning and took out the one section. Put more tape on the threaded section and coated my leaky part with pvc glue. let it dry in the sun for an hour. put it back on and i have the slightest drip from the threaded section. it takes about 10 minutes for it to form a drip. I'll probably live with it for now. I like being able to unscrew the section when the time comes to close the pool.

Linen, I plan on hard plumbing the vacuum side this week. Just need to make a run back to Lowes!

For my first time to work with pvc i was pretty excited how it turned out! will post pics when I finish the fountain.

Got the leaks fixed and finished my sprinkler pipes. Kinda rushed the drilling because I had people in the pool and was ready to get it up and going! But it turned out pretty good. I can shoot it short or far depending on what I want.

0b74eab3.jpg

b1879762.jpg

91dd2b2b.jpg

e1e73d20.jpg

8fef3249.jpg

6f879b06.jpg

Thanks to the members before me who put up pics! Helped me a ton!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.