Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA 40 CH220 PH 8.0 SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

TA 40 CH220 PH 8.0 SWG

Is my TA too low?

I have been neglecting the cement pond and the other folks here are not up to speed.

I have been adding about a gallon of acid each 7-10 days, as I have since the pool was built, it usually lands around 7.2 and raises to 8.0 when next check.

I have tried to get them to minimize tub spill over due to the aeration.

So I am back at the helm for a bit and looking to know if I should raise the TA to like 60 then chase down the pH with acid? or is that just a circular path?

38k gallons, swg

thanks
    34k Gunite IGP, 8person attach spa, 4cart filter, 40k btu heater, , SWG, 3m marbelite finish, 12 panel fafco solar heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA 40 CH220 PH 8.0 SWG

Don't lower the pH to 7.2, only lower it to about 7.8, or even 7.9. What is the cyanuric acid level? When was the plaster done?

3. Back To Top    #3

You should post a full set of water test results. The appropriate TA level depends on a number of factors and interacts with what your CH level should be, none of which we are able to comment on without a full set of test results. Also, how old is your plaster?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

dang, ok, well, that was part of the issue, was that R-0013 goes so fast, last time i ordered agents i only ordered one bottle and its gone.. I will have to go to the dreaded pool store for a test... My plaster is about 4 years or so...
    34k Gunite IGP, 8person attach spa, 4cart filter, 40k btu heater, , SWG, 3m marbelite finish, 12 panel fafco solar heater