Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A number of years ago, I saw this same scenario at a home in a suburb of Dallas, TX. It was the home of Bill Bates - ex Dallas Cowboy. They were lifting a spa onto a deck on the 2nd story of the back of the home and the crane's boom cut the 2nd story in half when it failed. I got there a couple of hours after it happened.

Flotsam said:
BigT8600 said:
... I work in commercial insurance. This video makes me feel good about turning down any chance to quote these type of crane operators! Yikes!
These video's don't really tell the whole story. We'll never know what really happened - and you can't necessarily lay the blame on the crane operator. Those guys are not hired right off the street.

The operator over extended the crane to avoid the chimney.
This in turn allowed the pool end of the crane to be heavier than the truck end. Gravity wins.

From the news story write up,
"The tub was placed in the ground, and only suffered a crack in the fall. The job should be completed soon."

Gee, just what I always wanted! A brand new pool with a crack in it!"

zea3 said:
From the news story write up,
"The tub was placed in the ground, and only suffered a crack in the fall. The job should be completed soon."

Gee, just what I always wanted! A brand new pool with a crack in it!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea...Sounds just great! Can you believe that they put it in?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.