Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Aqua Plus vs Pentair EasyTouch

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Aqua Plus vs Pentair EasyTouch

As part of my IGP, I have automation as part of the package. What is currently listed is the AquaPlus w/ T-Cell-15 and the RF remote and RF station. This will work with the 2speed 1hp SuperPump, LED CL4.0 light and the salt system. Beyond that I will get into actuators and maybe CO2.

I am most likely going to be asked if I want to change from hayward to pentair by my PB as he prefers that setup, though he will get either. Anyone have input as to why one way or another?

** He did indicate that buying 3 or more products of Pentair increases full warranty on all to 3 years, so that may be a plus.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hayward Aqua Plus vs Pentair EasyTouch

If the warranty is better one way than the other, that is more important than the differences between brands.

Personally, I prefer the Hayward automation. Pentair automation can get confusing to setup and the manual isn't well written. But the differences are small, and mostly only affect the initial setup process.

I don't recommend CO2. If you want to automate PH get an acid feed pump.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Aqua Plus vs Pentair EasyTouch

Thanks JasonLion.

Actually after review the automation for hayward is 5 years. The only impact on warranty going pentair is the pump would be up from 1-3 years. Hayward is only 1 year on pump. Is that a big deal? Arent' SuperPumps pretty reliable (2speed)?