smoothing out rough spots on new plaster?

ABQ_Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2011
Chandler, AZ
Noticed some rough / coarse spots on several locations in my 3 week old plastered pool (sunstone finish), mostly around where the tile and plaster meeting (edging and on the steps). Can I take some sort of sandpaper to these areas to smooth them out a little bit? The steps especially seem like the would scratch up little toes jumping off and climbing up them.

I agree - but some of the final finish work we've been less that happy with - some minor concrete repair, caulking, etc. So I was thinking that I might do a better job on this then the PB. :-D

I assume if they use some sort of sandpaper or scrub pad that I could use it just as well. Which is funny because I'm not really a DIY kinda guy, but with the new pool, I want everyone (contractors) away from it!

ABQ_Pool, can you PLEASE post a photo of your finished pool? We are trying desperately to decide on a finish, are looking at Sunstone midnight blue, & can't find any photos of it installed in a "real" pool. I would REALLY appreciate it, as we have to decide soon. Thanks in advance! :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.