Hi there. Am very new here, but so happy to find this forum. I think we are in a bit of trouble and will need all the help we can get. We just bought a house that was abandoned and needs a lot of work. I have had pools before, but never had any problems with them as they were always kept up...until now. All we have to go by at this point is photos and could use some expert advise. Included the most telling photo below. It looks bad. We are extremely limited by budget and really don't want to have to fill it in, so all of the work to be done might have to be a diy project. Not really sure where to even begin and the thought of this part of the project is keeping me up nights. Below is the answers to the questions in the what we need to know section. Since we have never done anything this big before we are tracking our thoughts at http://pcrehab.blogspot.com.
1) The size of your pool in gallons. We think it's size is 30x15x6
2) The type filter you have: DE most likely
3) If your pool is IG (in ground)
4) If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass: Can't see that far in yet.
5) If you know, tell us the size pump and the size (flow rate) of your filter: The outside says FNS Plus
Seriously, any helping info would be great (please).