new here

danmer

Aug 12, 2011
HI all. I am some what new to pool care, we recently moved a 24'x54' agp from my in-laws. I tried to take care of it their but i wasn't well informed at the time. So any ways I got it set up on 8/8 I just got my tf 100 xl with boron strips.her are the results.
fc-21
cc-0
tc-21(I think)
ph-7.5
ta-140
ch-120
cya-20-30 (I think closer to 20)
boron- maybe 15
I have added 3 gal of 12.5% cl, 4# of cya and one box of borax since starting it. All I had was test strips so I just wanted to keep it under control. I want to do the borax thing so should I wait till I get the cl straitened out. Also what lever should I keep the fc at and for how long before iI get some cc built up. thanks for any suggestions and help

Welcome to TFP!

With CYA around 20 to 30, shock level is FC from 12 to 15, and the routine day to day FC level is 2 to 5. So your current FC level is quite high.

Don't trust the PH test results when FC is above 10. As some as FC comes down, test the PH again and adjust if needed.

CC is 0, which is good. You want CC to be 0.5 or lower, ideally 0, so there isn't anything that needs to be done regarding CC.

Wait until the FC level comes down before working on borates. Again, the PH test isn't reliable with high FC levels, and you want the PH test working when you adjust the borate level.

Thanks for the reply Jason. So I will let fc drop to 15-16 and keep it their for about four days for the shock period then wait about a week to check the cya again. and wait till I get the fc down to normal range before adjusting the ph . Does that sound Right. Also can I adjust cya and borax at at the same time or should I do one at a time.thanks for the Quick reply's.

Water looks nice. I am going to let the fc drop
And then adjust the ph. Than I assume I can
Work on the cya and borox. Should I do one
Before the other? Thanks again!
Oh yeah one other thing, the inlays had a aqua smart which is still on the pump but I
Have it turn all the way down. Will That shut it off completely, it case have cartridge in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.