Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need some help with design

1. Back To Top    #1

Need some help with design

I need some feedback on a design. I have limited space and I would like to optimize it as best as possible. I'm not sure on how or what angle I want the BBQ and island to face. I had the natural gas installed a few years ago when the pool was built. I just finished the palapa a few weeks ago and kinda wanted to have the one pole incorporated into the island. I was trying to design it so the bar would face the pool and not be looking at a wall. My idea was to have their backs to the house. I've been messing around with different positions of the tape and I am not getting the look/layout I am happy with. Also I am looking to put a small sectional couch under the palapa as well. The palapa is about 15' wide by 17' long. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    11K gal, in-ground 15'x33' San Juan Fiberglass, Pentair Whisperflo 3/4 hp pump, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Filter CCP320, Pentair Inteliclor 40 SWG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Orange County, CA

Re: Need some help with design

I would have it designed so friends could sit on barstools towards the wall, with a view towards the yard (and pool?). The food prep/bar area would be on the other side facing the house. You might even add a flat screen TV above so your friends can watch the game while you cook and make drinks. Looks like a nice setup.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.