Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Power/operational requirements

1. Back To Top    #1

Power/operational requirements

Hey all, just completing my research and I notice a lot of pump run time issues with swcg's. I have a 2 speed pump for a 30' (figuring 22000 gal with 54" walls) which I run in low speed 24/7. That is 1/8th hp in low so I figure less than $1.70 or so a day. Does a swcg pump Cl all the time while the pump is running? A lot of the posts have show people over-chlorinating their pools while only running 6 hrs a day. Is this a major concern for cell life? Any other issues I am missing would be greatly appreciated.n I was considering the Compupool CPSC-48...should I reconsider? Maybe downsizing to the xx

soon to be a LTM

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Power/operational requirements

You just need to adjust the percentage on the SWCG to match the run time you have selected. You also need to make sure that your pump will provide sufficient flow for the generator to safely operate or it won't generate.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

The SWG produces chlorine for the percentage of the time that you have it set to. You shouldn't have any problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Very cool then, at 1/8HP I get pretty good flow. Some day I will calculate it and get a timer.